We are delighted to be back open officially for business. While we have been working remotely and servicing existing clients during the last 6 weeks, we now have an opportunity to re-open the offices and service our market fully.
Please bear in mind the Government guidelines, summarised below, that Go View London will be adhering to and in fact enhancing to help fully protect all parties of our agents, our clients and the applicants wishing to view.
People should use virtual viewings before visiting properties in person where possible, in order to minimise public health risks.
If any member of either the household being viewed, or the household undertaking a viewing is showing symptoms of coronavirus or is self-isolating, then a physical viewing should be delayed.
All viewings should take place by appointment and only involve members of a single household.
We encourage people to do their property searching online wherever possible. Initial viewings should be done virtually wherever this is possible and physical viewings should only be conducted where buyers are seriously considering making an offer on a property.
To support this, agents may ask home occupiers to conduct virtual viewings. This will help reduce the number of properties people need to visit before finding their future home.
- Viewings should be conducted by appointment only and no open house viewings should take place.
- If your property is being viewed, you should open all the internal doors prior to the viewing, and allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels.
- As most people choose to do, we encourage that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise your contact with those not in your household.
- When viewing a property, all parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible. Agents will ask you to restrict the number of people who accompany you on a viewing so that social distancing can be practised, and only those in your immediate household should be there.
- We expect agents to accompany clients on a viewing but follow social distancing rules wherever possible. Where viewings are unaccompanied, agents should make sure viewers and homeowners understand how they should conduct themselves.
- Once the viewing has taken place, the homeowner should ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.
How Go View London interprets these guidelines working within the marketplace.
Please see below advice in line with the above that we are detailing to clients. Our agents will help prepare the action points below as needed, including getting the property ready for a walk through contactless viewing.
For applicants we need to ascertain:
- You have no current symptoms of Covid 19?
- Are you financially verified to proceed with purchase/tenancy?
- Have you viewed the property online with floorplan/virtual tour/considered the location fully in advance of the viewing?
- You will maintain social distancing guidelines of 2m from the agent?
- You have your own facemask ?
- Can you confirm that you understand the doors of the property will be left open for you but you must not where possible touch any surface or wall. If you do touch a surface/wall accidentally please report it to the agent at the end of the viewing.
For clients, we can give the following reassurance:
- Our agent will look to keep minimum contact with items in the property, please leave curtains open etc and lights on etc. We ideally just want to open the front door and keep contact to this.
- If applicable, we ask that you vacate the premises at the time of the viewing.
- We have asked that the applicant refrain from touching any walls or surfaces.
- Where they do touch a wall/surface accidentally this will be sprayed and wiped down by the agent.
- The applicant has confirmed they have a good understanding of the property (floorplan, location and virtual tour) in advance.